Develop Science Culture Contents
We develop Science Culture contents to increase peoples’ creativity and understanding of science and technology through various media to strengthen foundations for creative economy.
- Research on Science Culture
- Leading the global science culture through the investigation, analysis, research on science culture trends, policies, and changes of the future society.
- Science & Creativity Annual Conference
- This Korea’s largest academic conference on science and creative culture strengthens global interaction and collaboration, as well as identifies global agenda for the future.
- Korea Science Culture Award
- Promoting science culture activities by awarding individuals and organizations who have contributed to the development and popularization of science culture and culture of imagination, challenge, and business startup.
- Science All
- An online contents platform that allows anyone to easily utilize and share science and technology contents including various articles, pictures, videos clips and more.
- Science Times
- An online science newspaper that publishes latest science news and in-depth science articles to enhance science literacy and knowledge of the public.
- YTN Science Channel
- A TV channel reporting trends and various contents of science and technology to enhance public understanding of science by facilitating communication between science and the society.
- Certification for Good Science Books
- Excellent science literatures are selected, certified, advertised, and supplied in order to promote publication and reading of science literature.
- Development of Science, Technology, and ICT Contents
- Science culture contents that correspond to the latest science & technology ICT trends are developed and supplied to enhance people’s scientific knowledge and creativity.
Science contents distribution
We share and disseminate science culture through a variety of platforms and programs where anyone can easily participate in and experience science.
- Hands-on Science Class
- Out-of-school science classes for youths with science lectures, experiments, and creative hands-on activities provided in local community centers nation-wide.
- Korea Science & Creativity Festival
- Korea’s largest science festival comprised of excellent science culture contents and hands-on programs for the public to observe, experience and interact with science and its communities.
- Youth Science Club (YSC) and National Youth Science Competition
- Supporting the Youth Science Clubs and the National Youth Science Competition to promote joint research activities of youths and increase scientific knowledge and interests.
- Local Science Festival
- Regional Science and Culture Festivals are held in 14 local government regions (excluding metropolitan regions) in order to standardize opportunities of experiencing science among different regions, and to assist a balanced regional development.
- Support for Independent Organizations’ Science Culture Activities
- To encourage self-directed and creative science culture activities of private sectors, development of science contents and science programs are supported for such independent organizations.
- Science & Creativity Ambassador Program
- Scientists and engineers provide customized science discussions and lecture programs for children, youths, and adults to increase the public interests in science and help enhance public’s science literacy.
- Korea Youth Science & Creativity Competition
- The largest science competition for youths organized by KOFAC. The winners are awarded with an opportunity to take part in the following year’s international competition.
- Christmas Science Concert
- A theatrical science concert with performances and talk shows held during the Christmas season in order to encourage youths to dream and hope with science.
- Cultivation of Science Communicators
- Science communication professionals support professional development of scientists, engineers, and other science culture specialists in enhancing communication between science and the public.
- Science Makers Battle
- A competition of various creative activities based on science and ICT is held in order to spread the Maker Culture. Science fiction novels, short-films, and other creative works in various fields are supported for the competition.